On the market, I bought recently some beautiful fresh yellow-skinned baby potatoes. For me, baby potatoes are the royal highnesses of potatoes. They have a wonderful texture not too firm, not too mushy, they are very aromatic, and the skin is so tender that you simply don’t want to peel them. In short, baby potatoes are the most outstanding manifestation of potatoes. I decided to turn these nuggets of pure potato joy into a wonderful baby potato salad that will bring the spring on your table. Baby potatoes are cooked with rosemary, garlic, and salt. During cooking, the baby potatoes slightly absorb the aroma of the cooking water. The marinade consists of olive oil, mustard, vinegar and some of the broth in which the potatoes were cooked. Thinly sliced radish and spring onions give a spring-like freshness to the salad while a red sweet-pepper enrichens the flavor with a hint of juicy sweetness. Though we use a lot of rosemary in this recipe, its aroma is only present in the background, simply to underline the whole flavor of the salad. The baby potato salad is easy to make. It tastes best when you allow it to rest for a while. Are you looking for more potato salad recipes? Then try also my recipe for quick mediterranean potato salad!
- 1kg of baby potatoes
- about 5 branches of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- about 5 branches of rosemary
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mild mustard
- 4 radishes
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red sweet pepper
- salt and pepper
- To begin with, wash the baby potatoes very thoroughly, as we will use some of the cooking water for the marinade. Wash the rosemary also and set about 1 teaspoon of rosemary needles aside. Peel the garlic cloves and cut them lengthwise into halves.
- Now bring the potatoes together with the rosemary branches, the garlic cloves in salted water to boil. Let the potatoes simmer for about 20 minutes until soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the vegetables. Therefore, wash the veggies and then, slice them finely. If you have, you can use a slicer. Especially for the radishes, it works great.
- When the potatoes are cooked, take them out of the pot with a skimmer and put them into a large bowl. Remove the rosemary from the cooking water and set the broth aside.
- Now, prepare the marinade. Mix olive oil, mustard, and vinegar. Then, add some of the cooking water until you have about 250ml of the marinade. Season the marinade with some salt. The marinade should be a little bit too sour and a bit too salty.
- Next, quarter the baby potatoes with a sharp knife and pour the marinade evenly over the warm potatoes. Let the potatoes cool down for about 20 minutes.
- Subsequently, add the vegetables and mix them carefully with the potatoes.
- Chop the over left teaspoon of rosemary needles finely. Add the rosemary to the salad and season it with some pepper. When the salad is too dry, add a little of the broth. Finally, taste the salad. Add more salt, vinegar, and pepper if necessary.